Our coaching training programme introduces you to the fundamental themes that you’re likely to encounter when coaching on the topic of climate change. You’ll join Emily and Ruma, two experienced coach facilitators from our team and up to 23 other trained coaches* for 8 live group sessions over 15 weeks.
Over the course of the curriculum you’ll discover how to apply your coaching skills to inspire and create climate action in your clients.
* we also accept therapists and facilitators who are conversant in core coaching skills. If you’re unsure if your experience is the right fit, email us…..
What will you get?
Six live group sessions covering the fundamental topics you could encounter when coaching in this context, including teaching and practical coaching demonstrations. You’ll also learn by observing, being coached and coaching yourself in breakout rooms.
One practical coaching skills lab to road test your learning in a collaborative way that allows you to try new things in a playful environment.
One practical business lab to reflect on your ideal client and how you can land climate change coaching in your business – there’s no one right way to do this.
A comprehensive 60-page workbook with all the teaching notes, plus coaching questions and additional resources to broaden your knowledge
A free copy or our book: “Climate Change Coaching – the power of connection to create climate action” by Charly Cox and Sarah Flynn
Optional homework and coaching practice to deepen your learning between sessions
Access to video recordings of each session for 3 weeks after the course ends
A supportive environment led by two experienced facilitators bringing together like-minded peers in a community of practice to explore climate change coaching together
A certificate of completion and 17 ICF-CCEUs (12 Core and 5 Resource Development)
Who is this course for?
This course is a continuing education programme for trained coaches and therapists/facilitators conversant in core coaching skills. This course does not certify you as a coach as we do not cover core coaching competencies in the curriculum. The programme is designed to teach you how to apply your existing coaching skills to the context of climate change, and deepen your coaching toolkit with approaches and techniques to have more impact with your clients.
Can’t afford our course but want to develop climate change coaching skills?
As part of our commitment to develop coaches from all over the world, we are offering 2 fee-free places on every cohort to coaches in countries normally less represented on our programmes, who want to coach people where they live.
All of our work is about putting coaching into the hands of climate leaders, to inspire action that changes systems. Climate leaders in the global south often lack that kind of support and we know that the most effective kind of support comes from someone who shares their context.
Our aim with this scholarship programme is to increase the ability and capacity of coaches in the below regions, who find it difficult to cover the costs of such a training, so they can go on to support and increase the impact of their local climate leaders.
You are eligible if you are:
– a trained coach
– based in Africa, Asia (excluding Japan and Korea), Latin America/Caribbean, the Pacific Islands or the Arab states
– unable to pay for your place and able to demonstrate why that’s the case
– coaching (or wanting to) coach climate leaders where you live and can demonstrate your commitment to using your new skills with climate leaders in your country/region after this course
Click through to our application form here – closing date 3rd March 2023!
Each core session will be a mix of training, live demonstration, practice coaching and reflection.
Goal setting in a changing climate – being with uncertainty; effective ways to set resonant goals and intentions for staying on the pitch for the long term.
Contracting and micro-contracting – building powerful relationships with our clients; power imbalances in the coaching relationship; contracting climate conversations with potential and existing clients.
Purpose – the role of purpose in helping our clients stay the course; connecting clients to their unique sense of purpose; using the Flynn Model of Sustainable Change.
Scarcity and Overwhelm: understanding how these mindsets stop us and our clients from taking action; tools to overcome them.
Anger and grief – the impact of these two powerful emotions on our ability to act effectively; how to process them as coaches.
Self-care and triggers – developing resilience as practitioners so we can continue to be effective and impactful; self-management as coaches when coaching a fraught topic.
Coaching skills lab (90 minutes) – the chance to drill your skills and learn from your peers. This is coaching in action!
Business development lab (90 minutes) – brainstorm what climate coaching could look like in your business; see examples from other coaches; imagine your offering through the perspective of an ideal client.
Pre-Course Preparation Call (no CCEUs) – Tuesday 14th February 2023 – 15.00-16.00 GMT
Session 6 – Business Development Lab – Tuesday 16th May – 15.00-16.30 GMT
Session 7 – Tuesday 30th May – 15.00-17.30 GMT
Session 8 – Tuesday 13th June – 15.00-17.30 GMT
what our alumni have said about training with us
“ Invaluable and had significant impact on helping to my thinking forward” Louisa, Coach
“Expertly designed and led.” – Alison, Coach
“Challenging and rewarding.” – Amanda, Coach
“Engaging, inspiring, and deeply meaningful.” – Elizabeth, Coach
“A very special learning experience for me, different to any other type of programme I had experienced before.” – Meret, Coach
“It gave me the confidence to start practising immediately… I couldn’t have learned what I learned anywhere else!” – Charlotte, Coach
“Highly recommended. Knowledgeable, warm and experienced, the faculty will connect you with a rich range of coaching resources and like-minded people.” – Paula, Coach
Terms and Conditions
The climate change coaches Ltd shall take full payment at time of booking. Should the minimum number of participants required not be reached, those who have paid to join the group shall be refunded or offered a space on the next group, as they prefer.
Our full terms and conditions are as follows:
1. ‘Climate Change Coaches’ means Climate Change Coaches Limited, a company registered in England and Wales No 12204746 whose registered office is at Unit 1, The New Warehouse, Libby’s Drive, Stroud, GL5 1RN. ‘Programme’ means the information programme, training course, workshop, and/or other event provided by Climate Change Coaches under the agreement. ‘You’ means the natural person applying to attend the programme, and where such person is a delegate on behalf of an organisation, ‘You’ shall refer jointly and severally to the natural person and the organisation, on whose behalf you warrant you have the authority to bind by proceeding with the
2. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings in respect of the programme provided by Climate Change Coaches that is the subject of the application.
3. The applicable fees, inclusions and content of the programme shall be as described on the Climate Change Coaches website (www.climatechangecoaches.com). Unless explicitly specified, neither internet connection, nor travel and subsistence are included in the applicable fees. Climate Change Coaches reserves the right to update or adjust the fees, inclusions and content of the programme from time to time as it sees fit.
4. Unless otherwise specified, VAT shall be additionally applicable to any stated fees.
5. Reservations cannot be confirmed until payment of the fees in full has been received. Confirmation of allotted placement shall be sent within seven (7) working days of receipt of application and full fee. Climate Change Coaches reserves the right to decline the registration of any applicant at its absolute discretion and shall refund any fees received in such an instance.
6. In the event Climate Change Coaches elects to accept a late registration, payment must be received in full prior to attendance of the first day of the programme.
7. Climate Change Coaches reserve the right to refuse admission in the event of failure to observe any of these Terms and Conditions, including for the avoidance of doubt the foregoing payment obligations.
8. Unless otherwise specified all programme events are to be held online, at a link provided by Climate Change Coaches. Climate Change Coaches shall advise any important information or changes including online meeting location at least seven (7) days before the event.
9. Requests to transfer from one programme date to another must be made in writing and received by Climate Change Coaches with twenty eight (28) or more days’ notice prior to the originally scheduled programme date. You shall be liable for a re-scheduling fee of 25% + VAT of the initial programme(s) fee paid in addition to any additional fee for the new programme. Attendance must be within eight months of the original programme date.
10. For cancellations made in writing the following refunds will apply:
–– Over 28 days before the event, a full refund of course fees;
–– 14 to 28 days before the event, a 50% refund of course fees;
–– 14 days or less before the event, no refund.
11. Trainee substitutions can be made without incurring a penalty provided these changes are made in writing and received by Climate Change Coaches at least twenty eight (28) working days before the programme start date. If a trainee wishes to make a substitution within 28 days there will be an administrative charge of 25% of the course fee.
12. Climate Change Coaches reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the programme at its absolute discretion, and in such case shall give as much notice as reasonably practicable. Should Climate Change Coaches cancel the programme, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund will be made but Climate Change Coaches shall not be liable for any other costs or losses incurred.
13. Climate Change Coaches shall deliver the programme in accordance with its promoted description using reasonable skill and care but makes no warranty in respect of any outcomes or results.
14. All handouts, materials and examinations provided to you in advance of, or during, the programme are the intellectual property of Climate Change Coaches and shall not be copied by you or used except in accordance with the intended purpose and all materials shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties except with Climate Change Coaches advance permission. Handouts and materials must be returned to Climate Change Coaches should Climate Change Coaches specifically request them.
15. Climate Change Coaches, its employees and agents agree to maintain as confidential and not to use or disclose to any third party any information derived from you without your consent except where it is necessary to enable Climate Change Coaches to perform the programme. Unless you request otherwise at any time, Climate Change Coaches may hold your contact details on its database in order to share relevant information with you in the future or to let you know about other Climate Change Coaches events in which you might be interested. Climate Change Coaches shall not sell nor disclose this information to any third party.
16. Except for death or personal injury caused by Climate Change Coaches’ negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability which cannot be limited by law, the entire liability of Climate Change Coaches under or in connection with the Contract shall not exceed the amount which has actually been paid by you to Climate Change Coaches for the programme. Climate Change Coaches shall have no liability for delay or failure to perform any of its obligations arising from any event beyond its reasonable control nor shall Climate Change Coaches have any liability in any case for any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill or for any indirect or consequential losses.
17. You shall not do anything to bring Climate Change Coaches into disrepute and shall not use the names of, or suggest or imply an association with, Climate Change Coaches or any other name, brand or mark used by the Climate Change Coaches except where Climate Change Coaches has provided its prior written consent and in such instances only in accordance with the guidelines or requirements specified by Climate Change Coaches.
18. If any of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of the agreement are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. The contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.